Nextion v 2.9

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:43 PM
Any plans on updating to include the new features and controls?
What’s new in Nextion V0.29
New functions

Add double-state button
Add pop-up window
Allow users to enable/disable touch functions of components
Add sleep mode and wake up function (see new system variables ussp, thsp, thup )
Add scrollbar for variables
Add support for 3.5” Nextion display
Change “print” instruction

print t0.txt //return value of t0.txt print j0.val //return value of j0.val print "HELLO WORLD" //to print string, you should add "" now
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2015 at 10:05 PM
I have plans to include new controls but not sure when. Is there any particularly functionality you would like to have first?

Regards,

Jernej
Sep 26, 2015 at 10:37 AM
Edited Sep 28, 2015 at 4:12 AM
The double state button and pop-up window would be my first priority.

Also, do you have plans on implementing the Gauge Control?
Coordinator
Sep 28, 2015 at 7:37 PM
I can't find any example of pop-up windows. Do you have any link about that?
Sep 28, 2015 at 11:14 PM
The What's new in the first message was taken directly from the Nextion x0.29 MessageBox when it was first run.

There doesn't seem to be an option to add this in the Nextion Designer. So perhaps it is either a mistake or not implemented yet.
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2015 at 7:51 AM
I released new version with double state button support, automatic sleep mode support and possibility to disable touch for component.
When popup windows will be documented I will support also this. Let me know if you find anything about that.
Oct 27, 2015 at 4:38 PM
Version 0.30 released with some new features and controls. Hint Hint :)
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2015 at 10:24 AM
:) Not much new in this release. Will check what would be usefull and when can add this to this driver.
Coordinator
Oct 31, 2015 at 11:59 AM
I implemented NumberBox, system events (automatic wakeup, sleep), checked multiline textbox (using \r\n). The only thing is, that xstr command is broken. In release note is note about changing xstr command, but in instruction set there is still old one, which don't work any more. I reported bug and when I get response from them I will release new version.
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2015 at 9:22 PM
@scardinale on http://blog.iteadstudio.com/nextion-multiple-control-project-number-component-and-dual-state-button/ you can see how can you simulate popup window in Nextion display. It is used to simulate combo box.
Not driver side you don't need additional commands.
Nov 4, 2015 at 1:31 AM
I have tested v 1.07 and can verify everything is working. However, I have not used the xstr command.

The only thing that messed me up was a small change in namespaces.

I used to use this method to update the Text property of a TextBox.
        private static void UpdateTextBox(TextControlBase ctrl, string text, Color color)
        {
            ctrl.Text = text;
            ctrl.ForegroundColor = (int) color;
            ctrl.Refresh();
        }
But with 1.07, I had to change to this
        private static void UpdateTextBox(TextControTextBase ctrl, string text, Color color)
        {
            ctrl.Text = text;
            ctrl.ForegroundColor = (int) color;
            ctrl.Refresh();
        }
And thanks for the hint about using simulated Popup windows.

One more thought that I had, would it be possible to address the controls in the component touch event by component name rather than by ConrolID or by using
var control = args.ResolveControl();
It would be convenient if we could assign an event handler to an individual control and generate separate event handlers for each control that we needed to monitor for touch events.

Just a thought.
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2015 at 8:40 AM
xstr is fixed now.
Yes I reorganized abstract classes.

If you use checkbox "Send Component ID" in Nextion Editor I only get Control index and not it's ID. And this is the reason for this ResolveControl method which get control by its index.